Mechanical Engineer – Power Electronics
Onsemi is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to develop innovative systems solutions for our power conversion products (SiCs, IGBTs) at the onsemi’s systems applications solutions engineering center in Piestany, Slovakia.
The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for modeling, technology and engineering. Has experience with design of power conversion systems in the automotive or Energy infrastructure industry, design of sheet metal parts, injection molded plastic parts, welded assemblies and packaging power electronics.
Place of work: Flexible model (Piestany + home office)
Working time: Flexible working hours (core time 9,30-15,00)
Salary: From 3 000 EUR, depends on candidate´s experience.
- Modeling and design of mechanical components and assemblies including plastics, sheet metal, heat sinks, insulation systems from start to finish
- Developing cooling systems and solutions for power components of e-mobility and energy infrastructure applications
- Performing CFD analysis of internal cooling flows and the heat transfer inside of the SiC/IGBT discrete components and modules
- Perform 3D modeling, conduct computer, thermal and mechanical stress simulation (CFD, FEM)
- Design mechanical parts, draft mechanical drawings, prepare parts list and experimental validation of solutions that involve cooling
- Interact with other departments or suppliers to collect input data for simulation and model building with PCB layout and system engineers’ collaboration
- Write technical documents, prepare presentations, and communicate the results to customers
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or similar filed
- 10 years of Experience in CFD analysis – flow, heat transfer, multiphase
- Hands-on experience with CFD/FEA simulation tools (ANSYS Mechanical/Fluent/Icepak).
- Advanced knowledge of material mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid dynamics
- Proven skills in 3-D modeling and mechanical design using common CAD tools (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Commitment to project plan and promised deliverables
- Good communication and organization skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Basic understanding of electrical design fundamentals
- Familiarity with PCBAs and PCBA component