JUNIOR EDA TOOL ENGINEER
Place of work: Piešťany or Bratislava
Working hours: Morning 8.00 – 16.30 /flexible/
Salary offered (gross): Depends on candidate´s experience, from 1 400 EUR
As part of the Corporate R&D Design Enablement department we are responsible for the evaluation, acquisition, development, integration and support of design tools and methodologies towards the worldwide BU development teams. We are looking for a mixed signal EDA tool specialist that can strengthen our abilities in the mixed-signal design space. We are offering a position that includes responsibilities such as:
- Influence EDA vendors’ developments on the features, performance and quality of their Mixed signal design tools.
- Establish new tools and methodologies increasing the quality of ON Semiconductor’s products.
- Continuously make propositions to improve EDA tools environment and methodologies in order to improve designer productivity and satisfaction level.
- Support the worldwide design community in using external EDA tools and internally developed scripts and tools.
- MS degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related field;
- Good understanding of circuit design and semiconductor physics.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of CAD tools for circuit design and layout.
- Experience with Linux as a user environment.
- Affinity with programming & scripting languages such as Perl, Bash, TCL, Python, QT, C, C++…
- Having experience with revision controlled development environments (SVN, Cliosoft, GIT,…).
- Strong communication, problem solving, decision making, documentation, and team work skills.
- Fluent in English.