Place of work: Piešťany or Bratislava
Working hours: Morning 8.00 – 16.30 /flexible/
Salary offered (gross): Depends on candidate´s experience, from 1 700 EUR
ON Semiconductor is seeking a self-driven and experienced professional to join the Trade Compliance team. As a Trade Compliance Analyst, you will have the opportunity to support EU export and import compliance activities and provide guidance for the global ON Semiconductor community. With the fast-paced and frequent changes to U.S. and EU trade controls, this is a highly active, multi-tasking role requiring time management, flexibility, teamwork, and collaboration combined with a focused drive towards timely project completion. The department’s focus is on enhancing department processes to proactively support the global business in remaining compliant with export and import controls by all global employees.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Confirm EU HS codes and product classifications for new ON products and data.
- Support license determination of export and re-export orders containing U.S. technologies.
- Support EU export and import licensing and related communications for exports and re-exports.
- Conduct select audits related to import and export reporting.
- Communicate daily with the global ON community regarding trade compliance.
- Collaboratively work with and support the efforts of the Global Trade Compliance and Logistics departments staff.
- Collaboratively work with Customs and Brokers on import and export questions and requests.
- Screen supply chain partners against government published lists, using compliance software.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Minimum five years’ experience with following activities:
- ECCN and HS classification assignments for products and data
- EU export licensing
- U.S. export control regulations – BIS and DDTC
- In depth experience and extensive awareness of current requirements of EU export and import control laws and regulations for electronics industry.
- Fluent in English. German language is an advantage.
- Self-motivated, taking initiative and independent with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent at people skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams.