EDA TOOL ENGINEER
Place of work: Piešťany or Bratislava
Working hours: Morning 8.00 – 16.30 /flexible/
Salary offered (gross): Depends on candidate´s experience, from 2 000 EUR
As part of the Corporate R&D Design Enablement department we are responsible for the evaluation, acquisition, development, integration and support of design tools and methodologies towards the worldwide ON Semiconductor design teams. We are looking for a functional verification specialist that can strengthen our abilities in the mixed-signal and digital design space. We are offering a position that includes responsibilities such as:
- Influence EDA vendors’ developments on the features, performance and quality of their functional verification tools.
- Establish new tools and methodologies increasing the quality of ON Semiconductor’s products.
- Continuously make propositions to improve EDA tools environment and methodologies in order to improve designer productivity and satisfaction level.
- Support the worldwide design community in using external EDA tools and internally developed scripts and tools.
- MS degree or equivalent by experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of functional verification expertise (architect, designer, project lead, etc.).
- Experience with functional verification tools (analog, digital & mixed-signal simulation; aging/reliability/ESD/SOA/… simulation; simulation environments; …) from EDA vendors such as Cadence, Mentor, Synopsys …
- Experience with SystemVerilog & UVM based verification methodology.
- Experience with Verilog-A, Verilog-AMS and SystemVerilog behavioral modelling languages.
- Experience with Emulation Platforms and Tools.
- Experience with Linux as a user environment.
- Affinity with programming & scripting languages such as Perl, Bash, TCL, Python, QT, C, C++…
- Having experience with revision controlled development environments (SVN, Cliosoft, Git).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A team player with excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Fluent in English.